PORT ALLEN, La. (BRPROUD) – West Baton Rouge Parish is relishing their first dog park.
The dog park is located at 610 Rosedale Rd. in the back of Port Allen Middle School.
The West Baton Rouge Parks and Recreation provided a rundown of what the dog park has to offer and the rules:
- Two fenced in areas
- Small dog area- dogs under 30 lbs.
- Large dog area- dogs over 30 lbs. or who think they are big dogs
- Both areas are equipped with a water fountain, waste station, and agility equipment
- Benches for dog parents
Dog Park Rules:
- No dogs without people. No people without dogs.
- Clean up after your dog
- No aggressive dogs or dogs in heat
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park
- Owners are responsible for the behavior of their dog(s)
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
The West Side Journal provided a close-up look at the new dog park.