BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Congressman Troy Carter and Mayor Sharon Weston Broome are some of the leaders who are scheduled to attend an event on Monday.
The event is part of the ‘Building a Better Louisiana Infrastructure Tour’ which has already made stops in St. James Parish, New Orleans East, and Baton Rouge.
The purpose of the gathering is “to highlight how the recently passed $1.2 trillion Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act has greatly increased funding and staff resources to support minority-owned businesses and business owners, including the Minority Business Development Agency,” according to the Office of Congressman Troy A. Carter Sr.
These local leaders are expected to join Congressman Carter and Mayor Broome:
- State Representative Pat Moore
- State Representative Barbara Carpenter
- State Senator Cleo Fields
- Representative Ted James
- Representative Edmund Jordan
- Representative Denise Marcelle
- Louisiana MBDA Center Director Charletta Fortson
- Louisiana MBDA Center staff
- Louisiana MBDA Center clients
- Potential other local elected officials
The event is happening from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.