ASCENION PARISH, La. (BRPROUD)- Louisiana State Police reported a car accident which took the life of a Geismar woman identified as Chaise N. Curtis, 37.
The accident happened on Oct. 23 at LA Highway 431 near Valentine Road in Ascension Parish.
The preliminary investigation revealed a 2006 Honda Civic, being driven by Curtis, was traveling south on LA 431. At the same time, a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado pickup was traveling north on LA 431. For reasons still under investigation, Curtis lost control of the Civic and crossed the center line. She struck the pickup in the northbound lane of travel then continued down an embankment where the Civic came to a stop off the roadway, according to a Facebook post by LSP.
Curtis passed away at the scene.
- Louisiana COVID-19 hospitalizations pass 1,000-mark, highest since August
- Rules about police wearing masks vary widely across US
- GM to recall 7 million vehicles worldwide to replace Takata air bags
- Livingston man arrested for barn, vehicle fires, State Fire Marshal reports
- Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol