BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA/WGMB) — National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day is celebrated on Oct. 21. While pumpkin is the flavor of the season, indulging can sometimes come with guilt.
Ronnisha Coleman, owner of Tails and Tinis Mobile Bar & Catering, stopped by the FOX 44 studio to share a recipe that eliminates artificial flavors, preservatives and colors by using Wholly Wholesome items.
2 bars (8 oz each) cream cheese,
softened2/3 cup granulated sugar,
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract,
2 large eggs,
1/2 cup pure pumpkin,
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm.