GONZALEZ, La. (BRPROUD)- The coronavirus pandemic is bringing its impact to the Holiday season, a new way to meet Santa in 2020.
Cabela’s in Gonzales is taking safety precautions to meet the needs of getting an annual photo with Santa Clause.
“Safety is our first priority,” Alexa Boudreaux, Cabela’s special events coordinator said.
The store is asking parents to reserve a spot online to get a photo taken with Santa. Upon arrival a face mask is required and so is social distancing.
Kids under the age of eight are not required mask, but all customers are encouraged to come in with a face covering.
This year kid’s will not sit in Santa’s lap, but on a bench. Plexiglass will be present between the bench and Santa.
“We have gotten a lot of good feedback,” Boudreaux said. “We has positive comments on how organized we are and how prepared we been.”
Cabela’s is celebrating the holiday season early this year to bring joy into 2020.
“We want that holiday spirit going quicker and get some of that normalcy,” she said. “Allowing people to see Santa is a big deal for us.”
Pictures with Santa at Cabela’s will take place until Christmas Eve.
Reservations for photos can be made here.
- US Supreme Court rejects petition from Louisiana pastor facing charges for violation of Covid-19 restrictions
- EBRCOA to allow essential workers to return, resume drive-thru lunch service Monday
- Bureau of Land Management confirms Utah ‘monolith’ was removed, say visitors left behind human waste
- Police investigating body found near Scenic Hwy. as homicide
- Public visitation for Ruffino’s founder scheduled for Tuesday