BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The City of St. George celebrated the one-year anniversary of its successful vote to incorporate on Oct. 12.
Andrew Murrell, The City of St. George Spokesperson, said the date “is a celebration of our volunteers who worked tirelessly every single day for a decade to make this possible.”
The City of St. George was granted the right to incorporate after 17,422 voters cast their ballot in favor of incorporation.
Chris Rials, Vice Chairman for the St. George Incorporation, said it was “a great day for our community. So proud of everyone who stood together and demanded something better.”
The City of St. George, if incorporated, would become the fifth largest city in Louisiana with more than 86,000 residents.
For more information on the City of St. George, visit stgeorgelouisiana.com.
- Pres. Biden, VP Harris address nation after Derek Chauvin verdict
- Las Vegas Raiders receive backlash for tweet on Chauvin verdict
- 1 dead in officer-involved shooting in Ohio; Mayor identifies victim as young woman
- Kristin Smart’s body was once buried in yard of home owned by suspect’s dad: Court docs
- Crowley Police charge man with rape of 15-year-old girl