BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) –
This evening’s meeting about the ‘runway protection zone’ is not happening and there is no word on whether this event will be rescheduled.
Councilwoman Chauna Banks will host a meeting to discuss plans to relocate Plank Road away from the end of an airport runway.
Part of Plank Road is just a few hundred feet away from the Baton Rouge airport.
BTR officials says the location is not safe for the airport.
The change to Plank Road will detour the busy road and nearing construction.
The FAA calls the changes a “runway protection zone.” It is planned to prevent an aircraft from ending up on Plank Road, according to the city.
“There was an incident back in the 70’s where that actually did happen, fortunately, nobody was hurt,” said Councilwoman Banks.
Councilwoman Chauna Banks will provide an update on construction on Nov. 30 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the BTR Airport Main Terminal Building, 1st Floor Conference Room, 9430 Jackie Cochran Drive.
Those planning on attending the meeting are required to wear a face mask.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration