Cox Communications will give 10 capital area nonprofit organizations $32,500, which was raised through Cox’s employee-funded Cox Charities Community Investment program, according to the company.
“These grants are funded by our employees, who donate through their paychecks.,” Cox Southeast Senior Vice President and Region Manager Anthony Pope said. “I believe our employees are our greatest assets, and I’m so happy they give their time, money and attention to help improve the communities we serve.”
The following groups will receive the grant funds at a breakfast reception Friday at 8 a.m. at 7401 Florida Blvd. in Baton Rouge:
- AMIkids Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Middle District Chapter of National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives
- Chanson, LLC “Livingston Parish Children’s Choirs”
- Junior Achievement of Greater Baton Rouge
- Outstanding Mature Girlz Organization
- Particular Council of St. Vincent de Paul of Baton Rouge
- The BRidge Agency Inc.
- The Butterfly Society
- The Hospice of Baton Rouge
- The Salvation Army of Greater Baton Rouge