CENTRAL, La. (BRPROUD) – The Central Police Department made a traffic stop at the end of last week which ended in the arrest of Eric Baxter.
According to the Central Police Department, officers “stopped a vehicle for failing to signal a lane change and displaying an expired temporary plate in the 8200 block of Sullivan” Rd.
After approaching the stopped driver, officers smelled marijuana which led to a search of the vehicle.
Officers uncovered these items during the search:
- Multiple small packages of marijuana
- A pistol whose serial number had been rendered unreadable
CPD says, “the driver, who was the lone vehicle occupant, was found to have at least one prior felony conviction which would prohibit him from possessing a firearm under state law.”
Baxter is currently in the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison facing these charges:
- Possessing a Firearm with a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- Possession of a Firearm with an Obliterated Serial Number
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Convicted of Certain Felonies
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana, and numerous traffic offenses