LABADIEVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – A traffic stop ended with the seizure of 15 grams of suspected cocaine and Alfred James Adams, 45, of Labadieville in custody. The stop took place around 4:30 p.m. Friday, March 3 after a deputy with the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office noticed Adams crossing the center line on LA 1.
Adams was allegedly driving with a suspended license when he was stopped on LA 308. A K-9 was asked to come and search the vehicle. The K-9 was able to confirm “the presence of controlled dangerous substances,” according to the Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office.
That is when the suspected cocaine along with $700 was found in the vehicle. Adams was apprehended and charged with these crimes:
- Possession of cocaine with intent to distribute
- Transaction involving proceeds from controlled dangerous substance activity
- Driving under a suspended driver’s license
- Driving on roadway laned for traffic
- Detainer – probation violation
Adams remains behind bars in the Assumption Parish Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.