GREENWELL SPRINGS, La. (BRPROUD) — Power has been restored to 94% of DEMCO customers, 6,260 outages remain.
DEMCO said the last of 43 substations were brought into service this morning, an industrial substation in Pine Grove, St. Helena and now repair crews can focus on Ascension, Livingston, St. Helena and Tangipahoa parishes.
“Even though heavy rain and flooding from tropical storm Nicholas could potentially slow restoration progress, our crews are used to working in the bad weather,” says David Latona, vice president of marketing and member services. “As long as they can safely do the work, they will get it done.”
Parish restoration updates:
- Ascension – 15086 meters, 205 out (99% energized)
- East Baton Rouge –35552 meters, 37 out (99% energized)
- East Feliciana – 6062 meters, 86 out (99% energized)
- Livingston – 45355 meters, 4814 out (89% energized)
- St. Helena – 5251 meters, 716 out (86% energized)
- Tangipahoa – 626 meters, 402 out (36% energized)
- West Feliciana – 4527 meters, 0 out (100% energized)
Click here to view power restoration updates.