LAKE ARTHUR, La. (BRPROUD) – The body of 65-year-old Ravis Smith, of Lake Arthur, was found in a private pond on Wednesday morning.
Detectives with the Jeff Davis Parish Sheriff’s Office received a report of “a body in a private pond behind a residence located on Highway 14.”
Authorities found the body around 10:15 a.m. and determined that Smith was the individual who had died in the private pond.
Investigators believe that Smith drowned in the pond.
The investigation remains open and autopsy reports are forthcoming.
- Bill O’Brien named new Crimson Tide offensive coordinator
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Gymnastics Returns Home to Face No. 11 Georgia
- ‘Zip Tie Guy’ had 15 firearms, tactical gear in his home, court documents say
- Border wall construction goes on in spite of Biden mandate to stop it