BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) — The Narcotics division of the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office executed two search warrants on March 27, resulting in one arrest and seizure of drugs.
The following were seized:
· 40 pounds of heroin (approx. street value of $1.3 million)
· 2.4 pounds of Fentanyl (approx. street value of $115,200)
· 1,600 Pressed heroin pills
· 4.8 pounds of suspected synthetic cutting agents
· Hydraulic Kilo heroin press
· 1 semi-automatic handgun
This resulted in the arrest of Michael Anthony James on two counts of possession with intent to distribute for Fentanyl and Heroin.
“I’m so proud and grateful for all the work these investigators have put in to not only remove dangerous criminals from the streets of our community, but also weapons and a massive amount of dangerous and often lethal drugs,” EBR Sheriff Sid Gautreaux said.