BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- At Ambrosia Bakery, Saints fans are ordering their treats in preparation for the big game. Only 3,000 fans are allowed to watch the game at the Mercedes Benz Superdome, but super fans like Johnny Palermo, say he doesn’t mind watching the game on TV, especially if he has his sweets.
“We eat a lot more,” Palermo said.
Felix Sherman owns the bakery. He says business has been booming this saints season, especially since the state isn’t fully reopened. Starting Saturday, all Saints themed items will be sold.
“We’re doing, of course, black and gold king cakes, cupcakes, as well and we always have edible images that can go on the cake,” Sherman said.
Although most have no choice but to watch the game at home, East Baton Rouge Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome discourages big in-person gatherings. This after the state’s coronavirus cases and deaths are skyrocketing with no end in sight.
Broome says if things don’t get better, she will have to add more restrictions.
“While we may not be returning to phase 1 today, it is not out of the question,” Broome said.
The kick-off is at 5:30 Sunday. You can watch the game on fox 44.
- Two Baton Rouge women take on the trash problem
- Tigers post wins over Youngstown State and Nicholls on Saturday
- Saturday Night: Seasonable pattern; Some rainy days
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- AP: Louisiana State Police trooper kicked, dragged Black man who died in custody