A long term investigation into a drug ring believed to be operated by a Baton Rouge man has landed him and three others behind bars.
A partnership with EBRSO SWAT, K-9, Armed Robbery and Burglary,
DEA Task Force, ATF Task Force and LSP Fugitive Task Force made the investigation successful.
Warrants were issued for three Baton Rouge residences where the following items were seized:
• 8.25 ounces of heroin (over half a pound/street value $20k)
• $4,000 (pending seizure)
• Colt 5.56 Rifle
• E.A. 5.56 Rifle
• SKS 7.62×39 Rifle
• Glock (17) 9mm handgun (stolen)
• Taurus 9mm handgun
• Ruger 45 Caliber handgun (stolen)
• Ballistic Vest
The following subjects were booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison for the listed charges:
- George Pikes (11/24/93) – Felon in Poss. of a Firearm (Additional charges to be added at a later date.)
- Troy Pikes (3/1/91) – PWITD Sch. I (Heroin) and Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Thomas Aaron (12/3/96) – Poss. of Sch. I (Heroin), Poss. of a Stolen Firearm, Poss. of a Firearm with CDS., & Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia
- Quinton Franklin (3/8/94) – PWITD Sch. I (Heroin)
- Devin Robinson (4/4/96) – PWITD Sch. I (Heroin), Poss. of a Firearm with CDS, Poss. of a Stolen Firearm, and Poss. of Drug Paraphernalia.
“This is a big step in getting dangerous drugs and criminals off our streets,” Sheriff Sid Gautreaux said. “This Thor of operation preys on our young people and plagues our community with crime. I am very proud and grateful for the hard work put in by our deputies and the participating agencies.”