BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – An investigation by the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Unit resulted in an arrest and multiple drugs, firearms and vehicles seized.
The suspect, 39-year-old Mario Simmons, was arrested after an investigation determined that he was “distributing narcotics in and around the Baton Rouge area,” according to EBRSO.
A search warrant was conducted by EBRSO on June 13 yielding the following items seized:
- 1.5 pounds of methamphetamine (Valued at $6000)
- 6 ounces of cocaine (Valued at $7200)
- 5 ounces of heroin (Valued at $10,000)
- 11 ounces of marijuana (Valued at $3300)
- 8 IDU’s of Hydrocodone
- 2 pill presses
- Desert Eagle .44 caliber handgun (Stolen)
- Taurus Judge .45 caliber handgun (Stolen)
- Glock 19 9mm handgun
- MDL AK-47 7.62 rifle
- Anderson .223 rifle
- $88,224 in cash (Pending seizure)
- 1975 Chevrolet Caprice (Pending seizure)
- 2007 Chevrolet Silverado (Pending seizure)
- 2018 Dodge Charger (Pending seizure)
At this time, Simmons faces multiple drug charges and possession of firearm charges, authorities report.