TERREBONNE PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – 78-year-old Charles J. Leblanc, of Houma was found in a canal near Houma on December 4.
Leblanc’s body was discovered by a tug boat crew on the Houma Navigational Canal.
Along with finding Leblanc, the crew saw a “an unmanned 15-foot vessel doing circles in the water,” according to the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries
The elderly man was found at approximately 12:30 p.m.
Investigators have yet to determine how Leblanc ended up in the water.
Leblanc’s “body was recovered with a manual inflatable personal flotation device that was not inflated,” according to the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
The cause of death in this case is forthcoming.
- Ragin Cajun Classic Volleyball Tournament expected to help local economy
- “Collaboration is everything!” COVID-19 pop-up vaccination clinic comes to District 10
- EBRSO seeks help in locating missing man with dementia
- Video shows UPS driver brought to tears when entire town surprises him with thank you party
- Tigers Host No. 7 Texas for Three-Game Series