BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Secretary of State Kyle Ardoin is reminding everyone that Saturday, Jan. 15 is Election Day for the Special General Catahoula Parish Police Juror, Dist. 3 Election.
In preparation for the election, all voters should remember to:
● Early voting will take place from Monday, Jan. 3 through Saturday, Jan. 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
● The deadline to request an absentee ballot is Tuesday, Jan. 11 by 4:30 p.m. Voted absentee ballots must be returned to the parish registrar of voters office by Friday, Jan. 14 at 4:30 p.m.
● Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. on Election Day. Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
● Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.GeauxVote.com.
● Voters may also utilize the virtual voter assistant, GeauxBot, to access pertinent election information. GeauxBot is accessible by visiting voterportal.sos.la.gov or by selecting Elections and Voting on sos.la.gov.
● Voters can sign up for text alerts via GeauxVote Mobile.
● Voters should bring an ID with them to vote (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana Special ID card, a generally recognized picture identification card with name and signature such as a passport or a digital license via LA Wallet). Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
● Election results can be viewed in real-time via GeauxVote Mobile or at www.sos.la.gov.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, polling commissioners will be supplied with personal protective equipment and will regularly sanitize designated areas and voting machines between each voter. Hand sanitizer will be provided to voters and masks are recommended, although not required.
For more information, please contact our Elections Division at 800.883.2805 or email@example.com.