BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — An electrical malfunction sparked a vacant house fire on Glenda Drive on Monday.

Baton Rouge Fire Department firefighters responded to the fire at 11:35 a.m. to find heavy smoke at the home. Crews were able to contain the fire in a back room.

The home’s neighbors told firefighters that the power had been out in the area and they heard a loud bang before noticing smoke coming from the house, according to BRFD.

BRFD said no one was living in the home at the time of the fire.