BATON ROUGE, LA (WVLA/WGMB)- It’s run-off election day in Louisiana and the polls are open!
Today we’ll find out who Louisiana feels are the best candidates to represent us and keep us progressively moving forward in several different races.
While there are 23 statewide races, over the past few weeks our team has completed profile features on candidates in the races of:
- State Senate District 16
- State Representative District 62
- State Representative District 67
- State Representative District 70
- State Representative District 71
- State Representative District 88
We’ve compiled a one stop shop story that provides details on all of the candidates in case you need a once over before you head over to the polls. It can be found here.
In the meantime, below you’ll also find other information we believe will best help you navigate your way through today’s run-off election.
THINGS TO KNOW FOR ELECTION DAY:
- Polls opened at 7 a.m. and will close at 8 p.m.
- Anyone in line at 8 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
- Voters can find their polling location and sample ballot by downloading the free GeauxVote Mobile app for smartphones or by visiting www.geauxvote.com.
- Bring an ID! (Louisiana driver’s license, Louisiana special id card, passport or a digital license via LA wallet) Voters without an ID will be required to fill out an affidavit but will be allowed to vote.
- If you are going to be on go during the time that the races are called (We know both Southern and LSU have games today) you can keep up with the numbers by visiting the Secretary of States website at www.sos.la.gov.
As always, we’ll be bringing you live continuous coverage of the election starting at 6:00PM and we’ll keep you updated with information until the races are called.
Jeanne Burns, Chad Sabadie and Deon Guillory are ready to bring you the latest numbers and provide all of the details you need as election day comes to a close.
Whatever your plan is for the day, make sure voting is on your list. Every. Vote. Counts.