Family pet survives house fire on 77th Avenue

Local News
house_fire2_20150327014355

Baton Rouge Fire Investigators say an electrical short is to blame for a house fire that happened on Labor Day.

The fire started just after 7:30 p.m. on Monday, September 7,  at a home in the 1900 block of 77th Avenue.

Burglar bars on the home delayed firefighters in trying to put the flames out. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames around 8 p.m.

Fortunately, no one was home at the time and no one was hurt. The family dog, however, was in the home at the time of the fire. The pet was rescued and given oxygen.

The house suffered heavy smoke damages. The American Red Cross has been called to assist the family.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories