BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – LSU Tiger fans say, postponing the Tigers versus Crimson Tide game was the best decision.
Tuesday, the SEC announced, the LSU-Bama game will be postponed sending shockwaves across LSU’s campus.
“Me being a freshman, this being would’ve been my first time actually going to see the game in person because I got tickets for it” said LSU freshman, Cameron Duncan.
The news comes just a day after the tigers announced four more players tested positive for the coronavirus.
“Tuesday or Wednesday, i was told of some guys that had Covid” said LSU Head Football Coach, Ed Orgeron.
Across LSU, some fans are indifferent about their team not taking the field.
“So I thought you know, they had a bye-week you know, everything should be alright this week” said LSU Freshman, Matthew Mendoza
This upcoming weekend, Tiger Stadium will remain empty and fans say, safety always comes first.
“My motto is, it’s always better to be safe than sorry and I would really hate for more families to have lost a child rather than more people to have enjoyed watching people losing a football game” said LSU Freshman, Kendall Briscoe.
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- White House officials give COVID-19 update after Biden lays out new vaccine timeline
- WATCH: Family in Louisiana searching for answers after loved one found dead by hanging
- Faculty and students at university in Louisiana raise money to help campus custodian who lost home due to increasing medical bills
- Video captures man hitting neighbor’s dog with machete after it attacked his pet pig