BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Due to the recent flooding in the Louisiana area, many residents have group Flood Insurance Policies (GFIP) they received as a part of their FEMA assistance from a previous presidentially declared flooding disaster.
If you experienced flooding while covered by a Group Flood Insurance Policy, here are some important things to know:
How to start your claim:
- Start a claim. Report your loss immediately.
- Provide receipts to verify that repairs were made following the prior flood loss.
- Separate damaged and undamaged property.
- Take pictures of damaged property before disposing.
- GFIP certificate holders can make a claim by calling the NFIP Direct Call Center at 1-800-638-6620. Select your language and then choose option 2 for the Special Direct Facility.
You can download the FEMA fact sheet below for more information.