It was a fiery Sunday in Baton Rouge, as firefighters investigate two blazes that broke out in the capital city.
The first one happened just before 10:00 A.M. in the 3200 block of Chippewa Street.According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, a faulty heater is to blame. The house is a total loss.
The second fire happened at a vacant home on the 5500 block of Byron Street, also around 10:00 A.M. Firefighters arrived to smoke coming from the house. This is being investigated as an arson.
If you have any information, call Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867 (STOP).