BRFD says electric malfunction in wall caused apartment fire

Local News

BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Baton Rouge Fire Department was called to an apartment fire at 4267 Mohican Prescott Crossover on Friday, Sept. 24.

“BRFD arrived at the fourplex to find a light haze inside one of the four apartments,” an official press release said. “Upon further investigation, the fire was found inside the wall of the apartment. Firefighters had to open up the wall and extinguish the fire.”

The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction inside the wall, according to BRFD. BRFD said four people living in the building were displaced, but there were no injuries. Red Cross was called to assist the residents.

Baton Rouge Police Department, EMS and Entergy were also at the scene.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories