BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Gov. Edwards is confirming that former Representative Steve Carter has contracted COVID-19.
The governor is asking the public to pray for former Representative Carter.
Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome is also asking the public to pray for the former mayoral candidate.
I’m praying for Representative Steve Carter, for healing and recovery. Please keep his family in your prayers as well during this time.— Sharon Weston Broome (@MayorBroome) January 6, 2021
Republican Steve Carter lost in a runoff election for EBR Mayor-President against Mayor Broome last month.
- Mexicans in the U.S. sent record amounts of money back home despite COVID-19 pandemic
- Bucs’ Leonard Fournette returns to New Orleans in attempt to upset hometown team
- Best deals for National Pizza Week, Jan. 10-17
- What lies ahead for the impeachment process against Trump?
- Raising Canes voted as one of the ‘Best Places to Work’ despite COVID-19 challenges