BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards is out of a Baton Rouge hospital following a health scare days ago, a family spokesperson said Sunday.
Edwards, 93, had been at Our Lady of the Lake Hospital since experiencing breathing trouble Friday. He tested negative for COVID-19 and pneumonia before doctors diagnosed him with rhinovirus, the predominant cause of the common cold.
“We’d like to thank everybody for all the prayers and concern,” the former governor’s wife, Trina Edwards, said in a statement. “He’s resting well and is already back to giving orders.”
Edwards served four terms as Louisiana’s governor — from 1972 to 1980, 1984 to 1988 and 1992 to 1996.
- Newsfeed Now: US will miss July 4 vaccination goal; Board crashes through car windshield on turnpike
- Frontier Airlines adds ‘COVID Recovery Charge’ to ticket price. Here’s what it covers
- 1970 Porsche 917k used in Steve McQueen’s ‘Le Mans’ heading to auction
- Warren Buffett resigns as trustee of Gates Foundation
- Krispy Kreme offers 1-day treat to enjoy during ‘Strawberry’ supermoon