BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The Baton Rouge Fire Department received a call at 10:21 p.m. about a fire at a multifamily dwelling.
Firefighters arrived at 1754 Cedar Lake Dr. and found “smoke coming from the downstairs apartment.”
BRFD says, “firefighters made entry and were able to contain the fire to the kitchen in the downstairs apartment.”
It took firefighters over 40 minutes to put the fire out with the help of seven total units, four pumpers and one ladder.
The multifamily dwelling sustained $105,000 in damages.
The “cause of the fire is an unattended pot on the stove,” according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
No one was hurt as a result of this fire.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “one adult from the upstairs apartment and 2 adults and one child from the downstairs apartment were displaced by the fire.”
EMS, BRPD, Entergy, Red Cross assisted the Baton Rouge Fire Department on scene.