LIVINGSTON, La. (BRPROUD) – Free legal walk-in clinics will be held at Livingston Parish Library for those who need legal help.
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services – SLLS will provide its services to low-income families and individuals with civil issues at the main branch in Livingston and the Denham Springs-Walker branch. The clinics will be held monthly from August to December.
Some legal issues that the service will cover include foreclosures, employment, evictions, disputes, federal tax issues, uncontested divorces, and more. Personal injury, criminal or malpractice cases will not be handled.
The next dates for the clinics are Tuesday, Aug. 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Denham Springs-Walker branch and Thursday, Aug. 4 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the main branch.
Upcoming walk-in clinic dates at the main branch:
- Thursday, Sept. 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 6 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 8 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Upcoming walk-in clinic dates at the Denham Springs-Walker branch:
- Tuesday, Sept. 6 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.