PRAIRIEVILLE, La. (BRPROUD) – 35-year-old Dutch Shirley, of Gonzales was killed in a crash on Thursday evening.
The deadly crash occurred around 5 p.m. and involved a 2014 Kawasaki EX650E motorcycle as well as a 2005 Ford F150.
Both vehicles were travelling on US Hwy 61 north of Swamp Rd. when the crash happened on December 3.
Shirley’s Kawasaki EX650E motorcycle was making its way south on US Hwy 61 when a Ford F150 driven by 45-year-old Shannon Morris, of Baton Rouge was driving in the opposite direction.
At some point, Morris decided to turn left and according to the Louisiana State Police, “this resulted in the Kawasaki striking the Ford on its passenger side door.”
Shirley died at the scene despite wearing a DOT approved helmet.
Morris was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and may face charges in this case.
LSP says the man “was transported to a local hospital for treatment.”
Toxicology results from both individuals are forthcoming.
The investigation into this deadly crash is ongoing.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration