Louisiana is just a few days away from the stay-at-home order expiring and Governor John Bel Edwards will announce whether the state will move into phase one of reopening.
Louisiana is one of few states that the had the stay at home order extended toward the end of April to May 15th due to the trajectory of cases.
A more relaxed restriction was put into place May 1st with restaurant patios being able to be open.
Phase one would entail:
- All vulnerable individuals should continue to shelter in place
- When in public such as parks, outdoor recreation areas, shopping areas should maximize physical distance from others
- Limit social gatherings of no more than 10 people as well as minimize non-essential travel.
- Encouraged to continue telework, whenever possible with business operations
- If possible, return to work in phases
- Close common areas where personnel are likely to gather, or enforce strict social distancing protocols
- Strongly consider special accommodations for personnel who are members of a vulnerable population
For specific type of employers:
- Schools and organized youth activities (e.g., daycare, camp) that are currently closed should remain closed
- Visits to senior living facilities and hospitals should be prohibited & those who do interact with residents and patients must adhere to strict protocols regarding hygiene
- large venues like movie theaters, sporting venues, & places of worship can operate under strict physical distancing protocols
- Elective surgeries can resume, as clinically appropriate, on an outpatient basis at facilities that adhere to CMS guidelines
- Gyms can open if they adhere to strict physical distancing and sanitation protocols & bars should remain closed.
Edwards will give that announcement at 2:30 p.m.