BATON ROUGE, La. (LOCAL 33) (FOX 44) - BREC is celebrating the new look of Riverbend Park on Saturday and everyone is invited.
The grand re-opening came about after 2 years of work along side the Riverbend Lakes Homeowner’s Association and neighborhood committee.
BREC with the help of a neighborhood fundraising campaign was able to raise close to $60,000 for park renovations.
The park renovations include:
- A half basketball court sponsored by Walk On’s Bistreaux and Bar
- Re-surfaced tennis court donated by Quality Court Industries
- New age-separated adventure playground and a wood safety fiber surfacing.
- Improved drainage and a new water fountain
- Electric outlet at the tennis court
- Connecting walking loop
- Native tree planting and sod
- Refurbished picnic pavilion
- Additional picnic tables and benches
“BREC simply cannot succeed without partners such as the generous neighbors in Riverbend and local organizations such as Walk On’s and Quality Courts, who took our initial vision and donated their time and money to take it to another level,” said BREC Superintendent, Carolyn McKnight. “These types of projects have brought a growing number of local neighborhoods closer together and given them a beautiful place to gather, get to know each other better and engage in healthy activity. This project is especially gratifying as marks a continuation of our partnership with Walk Ons and Quality Courts as they work with us to create high quality spaces for youth and adults to get outdoors and play basketball and tennis."
The ribbon cutting ceremony is scheduled to run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Riverbend Park is located at 5800 Riverbend Lakes Dr.