One House fire reported on Shelley Street

Local News


The Baton Rouge Fire Department arrived at a home in the 4500 block of Shelley St. and found the front of the residence on fire.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it could move on to other areas of the home.

BRFD said, “after speaking to witnesses and family members, it was determined the resident was cleaning tools with a flammable liquid and lit a lighter causing the fumes to flash.”

The male victim did receive burns because of this fire.

As of Tuesday evening, the burn victim was sent to a local hospital in critical condition.

A woman who lived in the house was able to escape the fire without sustaining any injuries.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, “investigators determined this fire to be accidental.”


BRPD and fire officials are responding to a fire in the 4500 block of Shelley Street.

It has been reported that two people have been transported to the hospital. One person is in critical condition and the other is in stable condition.

We’ll provide more details as they are made available.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories