BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) –
BRPD says, “at 8:05 p.m. the shelter in place order for The Once Around Mobile Home Park was lifted. All Baton Rouge Fire Department Units have cleared the scene.”
The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a hazmat spill in the 6000 block of Airline Hwy. Approximately 500 gallons of Maleic Anhydride was spilled.
The Once Around Mobile Home Park, directly behind the area of the spill, was ordered to shelter in place or evacuate as a precaution.
Air monitoring is ongoing in the area.
Louisiana State Police, LA Department of Environmental Quality, and Baton Rouge Police Department, and EMS are on the scene for assistance.
BRFD will remain on the scene until the spill is cleaned up.
- Two Baton Rouge women take on the trash problem
- Tigers post wins over Youngstown State and Nicholls on Saturday
- Saturday Night: Seasonable pattern; Some rainy days
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year
- AP: Louisiana State Police trooper kicked, dragged Black man who died in custody