BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – May 22 is National Vanilla Pudding Day.
Want to make it on your own? Here are a few simple steps from Betty Crocker.
What you need:
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 large egg yolks that have been faintly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of softened butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
What you need to do:
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually stir in the milk and cook over medium-high heat. Stir often until it thickens and boils. Boil the mixture and stir for one minute.
- Little by little, stir in half of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, Then, stir back into the hot mixture that it’s in the saucepan. Stir in the butter and vanilla.
- Pour pudding into dessert dishes, cover them, and put the pudding into the fridge for an hour.
Make sure that your pudding is covered when you are storing it.
What can you make with boxed vanilla pudding? TasteofHome has a few ideas.
- Birthday Cake Freeze Pops
- Budapest Roll
- Very Vanilla French Toast
- Crumb-Topped Raspberry Coffee Cake