BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- There will be no curbside garbage and recycling services on Christmas Day; all services will resume on residents’ next regular scheduled collection day.
The North Landfill will be closed for Christmas Day, landfill hours will be extended until 5 p.m. on Dec. 26 to accommodate the Christmas Day closure. Due to the large amount of trash expected after the holidays, Tuesday collection may extend into Wednesday.
Please leave full carts at the curb if not collected by the end of the day on Tuesday.
Garbage and recycling services will remain active on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
North Landfill will remain open on New Year’ Day.
- The show must go on! How drag queens are navigating the pandemic
- Night hunting case in St. Landry Parish leads to multiple arrest
- Louisiana Department of Education to use $2 million in pandemic relief funds to provide free ACT tests
- Governor’s office proposes hopeful budget with no spending cuts
- Terrace Avenue house fire deemed an arson, Baton Rouge Fire Department says