Homicide investigation temporarily shuts down highway
MARRERO, La. (WDSU) – The NOPD is investigating after they say a woman was found shot dead in a crashed car on US 90 near Terry Parkway.
According to police, JPSO alerted the NOPD to a car crashed into the guardrail just before the parish line around 3:42 A.M.
Friday morning. Police say they found a woman around 21 years-old shot multiple times in the vehicle.
The preliminary investigation suggests she was shot before hitting the side guardrail.
Traffic was diverted to Gen. Degaulle until just before 6:00 A.M. while police investigated.
The Orleans Parish Coroner’s Office is identifying the victim and determining cause of death.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration