BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Do you know how to report a pothole to the city?

To report a pothole, go to Red Stick 311 which connects to the city’s maintenance department. The app allows drivers to report a pothole while out. If a person wants to ask about the status of their request, they can call the department at 225-389-4880.

From January 2022 to December 2022, 3,375 road maintenance issues in the parish were reported to 311. These reports include requests to fill potholes, fix damaged sidewalks and repair roads. Open NeighborhoodBR is a tool created to help those living in the parish view road conditions, fire incidents and more.

The website says that 355 of those requests are still in progress.

Who’s responsible for this one?

Car damaged by a pothole? A Baton Rouge law firm says the first thing to do is find out if the road is owned by the city, state or federal government.

If owned by the state, the pothole should be reported to the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development. LADOTD’s Functional System Map identifies the different roadways.

A driver can only file a suit in a state court and can only recover certain damages, according to the law firm’s website.