CAMERON, La. (KPRC) — Hurricane Laura left a trail of damage and seawater in Cameron, Louisiana, where the eye of the Category 4 storm came ashore.
The Category 4 storm came ashore near Cameron around 1:00 a.m. Thursday. Later in the afternoon, siding and lumber ripped from homes littered the ground while other debris floated in a flooded waterside area.
Power poles and lines wilted after hurricane force winds battered the area. Catastrophic storm surge, extreme winds, and flash flooding are happening in other parts of the state as Laura makes her way inland.
- Man who suspended himself from Trump Tower in Chicago escapes private ambulance: police
- Waitr offers free delivery if you donate blood with Vitalant
- St. Mary Parish Sheriff deputies now wearing body cameras
- WATCH: Grocery Store Mask Confrontation Turns Violent
- No tax hikes, benefit drops for Louisiana unemployment fund