IBERVILLE PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) — Iberville Parish residents chose three council members on Saturday, Nov. 18.
In complete but unofficial results on the Louisiana Secretary of State website as of 9:14 p.m. Nov. 18:
- District 4: Freddie Carl Frazier, Sr., a Democrat, won with 58% of the vote.
- District 9: Terry J. Bradford, an Independent, won with 59% of the vote.
- District 11: Charles “Stormy” Dardenne, no party, won with 55% of the vote.
Across Louisiana, voters cast ballots in statewide races. They elected Liz Murrill as attorney general, Nancy Landry as secretary of state and John Fleming as treasurer. Voters also decided on four proposed constitutional amendments.
Races decided with Oct. 14 primary
The following candidates won their respective races on Oct. 14 from complete but unofficial results from the Louisiana Secretary of State’s website:
- Parish President: “Chris” Daigle, Democrat
- Council Member District 3: Thomas E. Dominique, Sr., Democrat
- Council Member District 6: Raheem Pierce, Democrat
- Council Member District 7: Nadia Jenkins, Democrat
- Council Member District 10: Chasity Verret Martinez, Democrat
- Council Member District 12: Matthew “Matt” Jewell, Independent
Races decided at qualifying
Qualifying for state and local races was Aug. 8-10. If a race had only one candidate at the end of qualifying, that person would take office at the start of the next term.
The following seats were filled in unopposed races:
- Clerk of Court: Amy Matirne Patin, Democrat
- Assessor: “Randy” Sexton, Democrat
- Coroner: James E. Grace, Republican
- Council Member District 1: Shalanda Lewis Allen, Democrat
- Council Member District 2: Chasity Berthelot Easley, Republican
- Council Member District 5: Steve “Pine” Smith, Independent
- Council Member District 8: Hunter Markins, No Party
- Council Member District 13: Barton Morgan, No Party
- Chief of Police of Plaquemine: Stephen J. Engolio, Republican