BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) — The 2020 BRAC Mayoral Forum provided constituents in East Baton Rouge Parish with the opportunity to hear from six of the seven candidates running for the seat of Mayor- President.
To date this is the only televised forum before the November 3rd election.
The live forum focused on issue areas outlined in BRAC’s 2020 Mayoral and Metro Council Platform. The 10-point platform calls for a commitment from candidates to:
- Prioritize economic development and job creation, creating a unified vision to accelerate recovery from COVID-19
- Develop and drive significant financial investment into redevelopment and economic development in North Baton Rouge
- Improve and build traditional and multi-modal infrastructure
- Make it easier and more efficient to do business in and with the city-parish
- Aggressively drive redevelopment, blight abatement, and public maintenance
- Advance civic enhancement projects that will improve EBR’s quality of place
- Increase the number of people earning high-quality, industry-based credentials via EmployBR’s workforce development services
- Lower the crime rate and increase public trust in law enforcement
- Manage an equitable and transparent separation of the City of St. George, if the court challenge fails
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability
Candidates discussed everything from funding drainage issues to traffic and community policing.
The forum was hosted by BRProud’s “This Week in Louisiana Politics” host Fred Childers and weekend anchor Harrison Golden at the brand new River Center Library in downtown Baton Rouge.
If you missed the forum you can catch the full replay above.
- Live: Pres. Trump, Biden to campaign across the Midwest Friday
- Study: 1 to 2 million tons of US plastic trash goes astray
- LDH reports latest COVID-19 cases in K-12 Schools
- Walmart puts guns, ammunition back on display at US stores
- APSO taking part in ‘Boo and the Badge’ at 2 locations