BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) Baton Rouge hotels are serving as a safe haven for thousands in Louisiana who evacuated for Hurricane Laura.
Area hotels are slammed packed with people who were forced to leave their homes in the wake of the storm.
“We do not have no where else to go. Lake Charles is gone where we live. We don’t have no where to go.” saids Lake Charles Resident, Lisa Jack.
Officials are housing evacuees in government paid hotel rooms instead of large emergency shelters like in years past because of the pandemic.
- Saints set to play Sunday in the Superdome
- ‘Lord watch over him’: 62-year-old man on lawnmower hit, killed in crash
- Tropical Storm Epsilon takes form over Central Atlantic
- Numbers show huge early voting numbers statewide
- St. John the Baptist students return to classes in phases