BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 40 deaths in the state since Wednesday, Dec. 9.
There are 2,542 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 6,724 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 243,435 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
There are now 1,529 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 110
East Baton Rouge – 537
Livingston – 104
Pointe Coupee – 51
Tangipahoa – 152
West Baton Rouge – 46
West Feliciana – 25
There have been a total of 3,829,577 total tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of December 7, 217,930 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Free COVID-19 vaccination event to kick off Thursday in West Baton Rouge Parish
- PREVIEW: LSU Baseball set to play host to Grambling on Tuesday
- 11-year-old boy in Crowley disappears after taking out the trash
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan