BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Over the last two weeks, there has been an increase in confirmed MIS-C cases in Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
At the end of 2020, LDH reported 109 confirmed MIS-C cases in the state.
Two weeks later and the Louisiana Department of Health is reporting six new confirmed MIS-C cases.
That brings the total number of confirmed MIS-C cases in the state to 115.
The Louisiana Department of Health provided this information which includes the number of patients who have been discharged after being hospitalized with Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children:
- Co-founder of Bizzy Bunch preschool named honorary sheriff in Ascension Parish
- Ochsner talking about children as young as 12 being able to get the Pfizer COVID vaccine
- PHOTOS: Bear has close call on utility poles
- More than 1,000 gas stations in the Southeast report running out of fuel thanks to panic-buying
- Deputies say woman stuffed cellphones, drugs into her underwear in prison smuggling scheme