BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 170,878 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,442 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 26 deaths in the state since Thursday, October 8.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 446
Livingston – 76
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 121
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 582 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 78 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,447,559 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 5, 157,873 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference
- Kid Rock, golfer John Daly asked to mask up in the audience at final presidential debate
- Who is Kristen Welker? Meet the moderator of the final US presidential debate