BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There are now 172,119 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,476 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
That is an increase of 14 deaths in the state since Sunday, October 11.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 98
East Baton Rouge – 451
Livingston – 76
Pointe Coupee – 40
Tangipahoa – 122
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 577 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 70 of those patients are on ventilators.
There have been a total of 2,489,737 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 5, 157,873 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- WATCH: Vintage plane makes emergency water landing at air show
- Six people injured after suspects shoot into crowd at gas station in Louisiana, search underway for suspects
- ‘Downton Abbey’ cast returning for sequel arriving in theaters in December
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- NOPD: One killed in school bus crash on Chef Menteur Highway