BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 18 deaths in the state over the last 24 hours.
The numbers, released daily at noon on the Louisiana Department of Health’s coronavirus dashboard, also indicated that 600 people are currently hospitalized in Louisiana as a result of the coronavirus and 91 of those patients are on ventilators.
There are 885 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 5,666 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 180,991 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 99
East Baton Rouge – 458
Livingston – 79
Pointe Coupee – 42
Tangipahoa – 126
West Baton Rouge – 42
West Feliciana – 25
There have been a total of 2,719,544 confirmatory tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of Monday, October 19, 165,282 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Saints looking for first win in Denver since 1994
- Traffic stop leads to seizure of bags of marijuana, THC edibles and more
- KINDNESS ROCKS: Elementary school in Louisiana is trying ‘to put a smile on someone’s face’
- LSU’s struggles just latest hurdle for resilient Ed Orgeron
- A Bayou Classic Story: The First Lady of the “World Famed” Tiger Marching Band