BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- The Louisiana Department of Health reports 5,313 new COVID cases in Louisiana and 31 new deaths, bringing the death toll to 10,999 since July 29.
LDH says the increase in COVID cases is now seen in all age groups and regions.
Louisiana Coronavirus Information
- 5,313 new cases, bringing the number of total cases to 541, 679
- 31 new deaths, bringing the number of total deaths to 10,999
- 1,740 COVID patients are currently in the hospital
- 167 COVID patients on ventilators
- 89% of current COVID hospitalizations are not fully vaccinated patients
- 85% of the COVID deaths from July 15 to July 21 are not fully vaccinated patients
- 90% of the COVID cases from July 15 to July 21 are not fully vaccinated patients
The majority of the new cases reported are tied to community spread.
For more information regarding COVID-19 and the COVID-19 vaccine visit https://ldh.la.gov/
The COVID vaccine hotline has scheduled over 1000 vaccine appointments, if you need help scheduling your appointment call 1-855-453-0774.