BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD)- Louisiana Department of Health reports 5,468 new COVID-19 cases for the state, with 33 new deaths.
The number of hospitalizations reached an all time high, LDH reports 2,350 hospitalizations, surpassing the 2,112 hospitalizations reported on Aug. 3.
Louisiana COVID-19 Breakdown:
- 5,468 new COVID-19 cases bringing the total to 567,787 since March 2020.
- 33 new deaths bringing the total number of deaths to 11,162
- There are currently 2,350 COVID patients in the hospital
- 258 COVID patients are on ventilators.
- 90% of the cases from July 22 to July 28 are not fully vaccinated.
- 84% of the deaths from July 22 to July 28 are from individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
- 91% of the current COVID hospitalizations are from individuals who are not fully vaccinated.
For more information on Louisiana’s COVID response, visit https://ldh.la.gov/coronavirus