BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – There has been an increase of 47 deaths in the state since Wednesday, Jan. 6.
There are 4,526 new coronavirus cases in the state, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
The Louisiana Department of Health also reported that there have been 7,728 deaths total in the state from the novel coronavirus.
There are now 303,889 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state of Louisiana, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
There are now 2,033 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing updated COVID-19 death numbers for parishes in the state:
Ascension – 121
East Baton Rouge – 600
Livingston – 131
Pointe Coupee – 57
Tangipahoa – 188
West Baton Rouge – 49
West Feliciana – 26
There have been a total of 4,575,038 total tests, according to the Louisiana Department of Health.
As of January 4, 280,373 people are presumed to have recovered from COVID-19.
The Louisiana Department of Health is providing additional data about coronavirus deaths in the state:
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Biden picks transgender woman as assistant health secretary
- Thief berated mom for leaving kid in car he stole, police say
- Mets general manager admits sending explicit texts and images to female reporter, report says
- California becomes first state to top 3 million virus cases